Meet Our Doctors
John R. Nosti, DMD, FAGD, FACE, FICOI
A truly accomplished dentist, Dr. John Nosti not only has completed considerable training with many of the leaders in the field of dental education, he is himself a sought-after lecturer and trainer of other dentists. Dr. Nosti is routinely called upon by other dentists or dental professionals who need complex dental treatment for themselves. See the testimonials from other dentists regarding why they chose Dr. Nosti to perform their cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Nosti has been practicing for over 22 years and is considered among the top cosmetic dentists in New Jersey and the nation. His cosmetic work is often featured in books, brochures and online publications circulated by the American Dental Association as examples of what can be done with porcelain veneers and crowns, and he teaches dentists all over the world how to perform complex cosmetic dentistry.
He is also well-known for his dental reconstructive work and is considered an expert in the use of advanced technology to diagnose and treat TMD (jaw joint dysfunction).
Our patients comment on the personal interest Dr. Nosti takes in them and how they appreciate the time he takes to answer all their questions, explain procedures clearly and to ensure they are fully comfortable.
Dr. Nosti is married and has two children. He has a passion about whole body health and fitness. Dr. Nosti is a certified personal trainer and weight management specialist, and he loves assisting his patients not only having a perfect smile, but also getting to a healthier place in life.
Educator and trainer of other dentists
Dr. Nosti is currently the Clinical Director and Advisory Board Chair of The Clinical Mastery Series, which teaches dentists how to master their dental and cosmetic restorative skills. His continuum focuses on dentists understanding more about occlusion (bite relationships), cosmetic dentistry, and full mouth rehabilitation. With his extensive knowledge on prosthetics and Implantology Dr. Nosti is also a faculty member of the Misch Institute for Oral Implantology: an advanced continuum that teaches dentists how to place and restore implants. Dr. Nosti has been a featured speaker at the most prestigious dental meetings in the country, including the Annual sessions of the American Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, and many major state and international dental meetings.
His expertise has allowed him to become an adjunct faculty member at the esteemed Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health. He serves on the editorial boards of numerous dental publications and has published over twenty articles in prestigious dental journals, including the the Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry published by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Awards and Recognitions
- Dr. Nosti has been selected as a “Top Dentist in New Jersey” by his peers and in the New Jersey Monthly magazine each year from 2011-2020. He is the only dentist in Atlantic County who has been consistently featured on this top dentist list for this many years.
- He has been chosen as “Top Speaker in Continuing Education” by the dental journal, Dentistry Today, for 2013-2020.
- Dr. Nosti is also a key opinion leader for Ivoclar Vivadent, producer of dental equipment and materials, testing and reviewing their products. He was featured on the company’s website, chosen to record a video testimonial for their e.max® product which he uses to make beautiful new teeth for his patients.
In addition to various dental journals, Dr. Nosti has been published in several dental magazines and he is a regular contributor to the Dentaltown magazine and website, publications devoted to continuing education for dentists. He has also coauthored with Dr. Noveck several articles in Atlantic County Woman magazine.
A list of Dr. Nosti’s publications:
- Nosti, J. Healing a Spirit; Give Back a Smile- Smile Design Completed on a Victim of Domestic Violence. Journal of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Fall 2005: Volume 21, Issue 3, 38-40.
- Nosti, J. Starting out Strong with the Right CE Path. Dental Compare. Winter 2008.
- Nosti, J. Temporization of Indirect Inlays and Onlays. Dental Compare. Summer 2008.
- Nosti, J. Better, Stronger, Faster: EMax Press. Dental Compare. Spring 2009.
- Nosti, J. Recession Proof Cosmetics. Dentaltown Magazine. April 2010: 47-50.
- Nosti, J. The Next Weapon in Cosmetic Case Protection and Oral Health. Dentaltown Magazine. December 2010: 114-115.
- Nosti, J. Six Guidelines to Minimize Porcelain Fracture. Dentaltown Magazine. March 2011: 96-99.
- Nosti, J. Removable Smile Design: The Core to Full Mouth Rehabilitation. Dentaltown Magazine. November 2011: 80-83.
- Nosti, J. Thin is in- Lab Guided Minimal Preparation Veneers. Dentaltown Magazine. March 2012: 94-97.
- Nosti, J. Current Guide to All Ceramic Restorations. Dentaltown Magazine. December 2012: 106-112.
- Nosti, J. Porcelain Veneers: From Case Selection to Cementation. Dentaltown Magazine. March 2013: 89-96.
- Nosti,J. I (hate) love Dentures. Dentaltown Magazine. March 2014: 63-69.
- Nosti, J. Office Visit: Smile Design with Dr. John Nosti. April 2014.
- Nosti, J. Smile Design with Dr. John Nosti. Dentaltown Magazine. April 2014.
- Nosti, J. Clinical and Techniques: Dentures. Dental Products Report. August 2014.
- Nosti, J. KOR Whitening. Inside Dentistry. September 2014: Volume 10, Issue 9.
- Nosti, J. Dental Products Report: Clinical and Techniques: IPS Emax. September 2014.
- Nosti, J. Myths about Denture Patients. Dental Economics. November 2014.
- Nosti, J. Simplifying the Denture Process. December 2014: 98-106.
- Nosti, J. Troubleshooting: Solving Common Post-Insertion Problems. Dentaltown Magazine. February 2015: 68-76.
- Nosti, J. More Than a Denture. Dentistry Today. April 2015: Volume 34 Number 4, 116-126.
- Nosti, J. Treatment Planning for Implants in the Maxillary Edentulous Patient. Dentaltown Magazine. April 2015: 54-58.
- Nosti, J. Debunking Bleaching Myths. Dentaltown Magazine. December 2015
- Nosti, J. The Dentist’s Role in Nutritional Counseling. Inside Dentistry. April 2016
- Nosti, J. Old School Meets New School- A New Approach to Telescopic Copings. Dentaltown Magazine May 2017.
- Nosti, J. The Cosmetic Dental Practice. Dentaltown, April 2018
- Nosti, J Bonding to Lithium Disilicate. Dental Economics. May 2018
- Nosti, J. Practice Profitability. Dentaltown, June 2019
Education and Advanced Training
Dr. Nosti graduated from the University of Medicine and Dentistry-New Jersey Dental School. He went on to complete a General Practice Residency at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, PA.
Dr. Nosti went on to complete extensive post-graduate education in cosmetic dentistry, reconstructive dentistry, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction and occlusion (bite relationships). This includes graduating from the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study and The Piper Education and Research Center, and completing courses from Dr. Carl Misch and Dr. Frank Spear, implant and restorative experts. He has completed well over 2,000 hours of continuing education, which is far in excess.
Dr. Nosti is a member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology where he received the SMART certification for safe removal of Amalgam fillings. Dr. Nosti has been practicing “mercury-free” dentistry since 2004. Visit Safe Amalgam Removal to learn more about SMART.
Dr. Nosti holds prestigious fellowships in:
- The Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (cosmetic dentistry), (FACE)
- The Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (FICOI)
These fellowship programs require evidence of completion of a certain amount of complex cases, training hours and written examination. In the case of the FAGD, Dr. Nosit had to complete 1,100 hours of continuing education and a rigorous exam.
Khurrum Sheikh, DDS, FICOI
Dr. Khurrum S. Sheikh is a native of Jersey City, New Jersey, where he graduated from St. Peter’s Prep High School. Keeping with the Jesuit tradition, Dr. Sheikh earned a Bachelor’s degree from Creighton University in Omaha, NE. He earned his dental degree from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Sheikh furthered his knowledge and training by completing a one-year Residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
As a resident, Dr. Sheikh focused on more complex full mouth reconstruction treatments and medically compromised patients. He continued at NYU where he completed a 2-year Implantology Fellowship in surgical placement and restoring dental implants. He spends countless hours continuing to keep up with different disciplines of dentistry through continuing education, as well as using current and up to date treatment for his patients. He takes pride in treating patients in a multi discipline approach to give patients the best outcome for their oral health.
In Aug 2016 he was awarded as a fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Prior to joining Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr Sheikh practiced in NYC where he focused his treatment on aesthetic and cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Sheikh is a former Assistant Professor for University of Nebraska Medical Center and presented at multiple medical and dental conferences.
He currently is part of UPENN faculty as a Clinical Associate Professor in the department of Preventative and Restorative Sciences where he works closely with 3rd and 4th year dental students to not only teach dentistry but to share his passion for the profession.
Dr Sheikh is active in the dental community where he is a clinical director and active participant in the Special Olympics Special Smiles team. Dr Sheikh served as President of the Mercer Dental Society in NJ in 2015-2016.
He is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Milton Noveck, DMD, FICOI
With over nearly 35 years of experience and advanced training under his belt, Dr. Milt Noveck has a profound understanding of how to restore any mouth to full function and beauty. A consummate professional, Dr. Noveck has avidly pursued advanced education throughout his career, learning from the masters in dental education, and traveling throughout the country to be able to apprentice directly under them.
Dr. Noveck is renowned for his work in treating complex cosmetic and full-mouth rehabilitation cases. He draws upon his considerable experience and training, and also, where needed, directs top specialists in a multi-disciplinary treatment plan to be able to achieve the best outcome possible. Along with partner Dr. John Nosti, he is considered by many to be one of the top cosmetic dentists in New Jersey.
Possibly the most lasting impression Dr. Noveck leaves with his patients is of his kindness and genuine interest in their well-being. It’s his mission to provide the highest level of dentistry with the greatest chance for long-term results while making his patients feel completely at ease. “I like to treat each patient as I would like to be treated, and as I would treat any member of my own family,” explains Dr. Noveck.
Dr. Noveck has himself been recognized for his excellence in dentistry. He has been named “Top Dentist in New Jersey” each year from 2012-2017.
His comprehensive cosmetic, complex implant and full-mouth rehabilitation work is regularly featured in a top dental educator’s lectures to dentists and laboratory owners in United States, Canada and Europe, as well as in a photo gallery book available to dentists in the U.S.
Dr. Noveck has co-authored numerous articles with Dr. Nosti that have appeared in Atlantic County Woman magazine.
Education and Advanced Training
Dr. Noveck graduated from The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1980. He has since accumulated over 2,000 hours of postgraduate continuing dental education with special emphasis on cosmetic dentistry, esthetics, fixed prosthodontics, full mouth and dental implant reconstruction, and myofacial pain/occlusion (bite).
Most recently Dr. Noveck has completed over 150 hours of postgraduate training by each of the following world-renowned dental educators.
- Dr. Peter Dawson of The Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study.
- Dr. Frank Spear of The Spear Dental Education Institute
- Dr. Carl Misch of The Misch International Implant Institute.
Drs. Dawson, Spear and Misch are each internationally recognized leaders in postgraduate dental education. Dr. Noveck is one of few dentists in the country that has trained extensively with each of these masters in dentistry. As a result, he has achieved a level of knowledge in the fields of dental occlusion, cosmetics and implant dentistry that is rare among dentists.
Dr. Noveck has been awarded fellowship in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (FICOI). This fellowship is awarded upon submitting a required amount of successfully completed implant cases and after a minimum amount of hours of education in implants.
Dr. Noveck is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).